Evergreen Life is the trading name for Evergreen Health Solutions Ltd (previously Ascent Health Solutions Ltd)(“Evergreen Life”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Evergreen Health Solutions Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 09484935 and having its registered office at The Edge Business Centre, Clowes Street, Manchester, M3 5NA.
Evergreen Life is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
- As a ‘Visitor’, a visitor to this website evergreen-life.co.uk or our social media pages (eg Facebook) – please see section highlighted in grey
- As a ‘PHR Owner‘, an individual who has set-up their own Personal Health Record in the Evergreen Life Personal Health Record mobile application (the “application“) – please see the green section
- As a ‘PHR Contributor’, an individual who the PHR Owner has given viewing and contribution rights over the PHR Owner’s Personal Health Record via the Share & Care feature of the application. This could for example be a family member, carer or loved one – please see the blue section
- As an ‘E-life Website User’, a visitor or registered user of e-life.co.uk, please see the section in yellow
- A “DNA Customer”, an individual who would like to purchase our DNA test service [INSERT LINK HERE TO DNA SPECIFIC SECTION OF THE WEBSITE HERE]– please see the purple section. Please note that the PHR Owner section will also apply to you as you must create an account with us on our application to be able to view your DNA test results.
What data do we collect and how is it used?
If you are only a Visitor and have not subscribed to the application, then we will not usually ask you to provide any health, wellbeing or medical data. If we do, we will make it clear to you why we are asking for it and as appropriate, seek your agreement to use it. Please note that if you or someone on your behalf makes any public posts to message boards or social media about your health, wellbeing or medical circumstances, you will be regarded as having agreed to such publication.However, we will collect the following:·
We may use the data that we collect about you for the following purposes:
We may use the data that we collect about you in the following ways:
|PHR Owner (or registering to be a PHR Owner):
We will collect, create and retain the following information to set up your account and security profile, and administer and maintain your account, including for any technical updates to or technical support for the application:
Entirely at your choice (please select your choices on the ‘Data Sharing’ page of the Application) we can create a profile based on the overall specific feature use and medical history, conditions, symptoms, treatment, medications, measurements, health goals, achievements and concerns, referred to within your Personal Health Record, for use (but only where we consider that these compliment, interface or align with or are relevant to, your use of the Application), as follows:
You may also choose to donate information carefully selected from your Personal Health Record for important clinical research programmes aimed at helping to save lives and improve health. Evergreen Life shares the NHS ethos that contributing health information to such programmes can help achieve improved care and health research for all, including future generations. . The information we would provide (‘Donated Data’) would:
You may also choose to view certain of your medical records held by your General Practice or doctor’s surgery (“GP”). You can do this through the “GP Access” panel of the application. We will need to store the following additional information about you so that you can access this feature:
We will also need to store a copy of your GP record so that you can instantly view the last synced version of your GP record when you next log into the GP Access feature. We will not use this stored copy of your GP record for any other purpose without your explicit permission.
We take the storing of this information very seriously; you can expect this information to be as secure as a password. We will not store any other information about you from the GP Access feature.
Your GP will not receive any of your information entered into your Personal Health Record except for:
Please note, where you choose to donate your information, your GP record may be included in the Donated Data. For more information on how this information is used, please see the Data Donor section.
The application is only available to young persons under the age of 13 years (‘Young Persons’) with the consent of a person with parental responsibility for them (‘the Responsible Person’). We would encourage the Personal Health Record to be set up in the Young Person’s name with the Responsible Person chosen as their PHR Contributor via the Share & Care feature – this is to help transition of their Personal Health Record when the Young Person reaches the age of 13.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CONSENT:
By creating an account within the application on behalf of a Young Person, you are agreeing that you are the Responsible Person for that Young Person and will take the necessary steps upon the Young Person reaching 13 years old, to enable the Young Person to take over their Personal Health Record, and Share & Care and Data Donor choices.
Where you purchase our DNA test service from us, we will need to collect the following information from you:
Our third party payment provider will need to collect your payment details in order to process your order for us.
In order to carry out the DNA testing, we will also need to collect your DNA sample, this is in the form of a cheek cell sample (“DNA Sample”).
We will receive and store your DNA test results, all related correspondence, materials and information from our third party testing laboratory.
We will only use the data that we collect about you for the following purposes and in accordance with your PHR preferences:
Please also see our “Data Donor” [INSERT LINK TO “Data Donor” SECTION], “Data Sharing” [INSERT LINK TO “Data Sharing” SECTION] and “Share & Care” [INSERT LINK TO “Share & Care” SECTION] of the PHR Owner to see how we may use your DNA test results in accordance with your preferences.
We will not use your DNA related information for any other purpose without your explicit consent
Handling, storage and destruction of your DNA related information
As explained in the “General information about how your personal information will be treated” section, we impose appropriate obligations to protect the security and privacy of your information where we use third party providers.
Your DNA Sample will be sent to our third party testing laboratory so that they can perform the DNA test. Your DNA Sample will be stored by our third party testing laboratory.
Once the DNA test has been performed, any remaining DNA Sample will only be stored for one (1) month by the third party testing laboratory before it is securely destroyed. You can request for the destruction of your DNA Sample at any time. However, please note that:
E-Life Website User
This section applies to vistors to or registered users of the Website e-life.co.uk (“The e-life website”)
By using the e-life website you can view information held by your GP which relates to you. If you have any questions about this information, or you think any of it is wrong, contact your GP.
If you use this website to update your personal information or contact your GP, please check carefully the information you enter and make sure it is correct.
The privacy of your information is very important. Your information is securely held by your GP, and information visible through this website is protected by industry-standard security techniques.
Your access details are personal to you and are used by your GP and its service providers who operate this website, in order to identify you. None of the information that you provide to access this service is given to any third parties.
What information do we collect (and how do we use it?)
- When signing up to the e-life website we ask for a few details to help us verify your identity by cross-checking the records kept at your surgery. We do not keep an independent record of these details. We keep a copy of your name and email address to allow us to communicate with you. We do not keep a copy of your Date of Birth, NHS Number, or any other data you enter during the signup process.
- We automatically receive and record information from your browser including your IP address.
How do we protect your information?
- Your account is password protected with strong encryption (we do not have access to your password).
- Your account may be linked to your GP practice – we do not have access to this link if you have not entered your password.
- All transfers of information are encrypted to protect the information transfer.
General information about how your personal information will be treated
Other than as explained above, we only generally collect, use and share your personal details obtained through your use of the website or the application (including in your Personal Health Record), as follows:
- Our third party service providers who help us to provide the application and website to you – we will impose appropriate obligations to protect the security and privacy of your information;
- Our professional advisors including our lawyers and accountants (and those of any prospective purchasers of our business – see below) when required for them to provide us (or prospective purchasers of our business) with professional advice – we will impose appropriate obligations to protect the security and privacy of your information;
- The police, local authorities, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the courts and any other government or regulatory authority based in any jurisdiction if they ask us to do so or if we wish to provide it because we think it appropriate to protect our business, staff, premises and users, or if we are obliged to do so, such as by court order;
- Where we re-organise, re-structure, sell or transfer our business we will transfer your personal information, including that recorded in your Personal Health Record (according to your choices under the Share & Care and Data Donor features), to the new incumbent of the business for them to continue to use it in the same ways as we have prior to the transfer.
International transfers of your information.
Information submitted through the website and the application is stored in secure servers and data centres. These servers or data centres are usually located within the countries that have EU standards for the protection of your personal information is always treated and stored securely. We, or the suppliers and advisers we engage to help us run and deliver our business, may have servers or data centres located outside the EU in which your personal information including that within your Personal Health Record, for example in the US or in cloud-based solutions. Naturally, we expect our suppliers to take information security as seriously as we do so we will put appropriate measures in place requiring suppliers to treat the information to EU standards for the protection of your personal information. Even so, any transfer of information to other countries in this way could result in that information being available to the government and other authorities in those countries under their laws.
We regularly review the ways we use your information, and in doing so, we may change what kind of information we collect, how we store it, who we share it with and how we act on it.
We understand that the security of your personal data is important to you. We will help keep your Personal data safe, secure and private. We use the following measures:
- Your Personal Health Record is password protected to prevent unauthorised access by anyone else.
- The data that is entered, transmitted and stored is encrypted to prevent any unauthorised use of the data.
- technical and physical restrictions are in place for accessing and using personal data on our servers; and
- only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
We need your help to ensure that your personal data stays secure. Where we have provided you with an access code or link, or where you have chosen a password that enables to access certain features on our website or our application, you are responsible for keeping these codes, links and/or passwords confidential. We ask you not to share such codes, links and/or passwords with anyone.
The electronic transmission of data over the internet is never completely secure but we endeavour to make the service as secure as possible and provide a high level of security for your personal healthcare information.
Access to information
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the UK data protection regulatory). Our registration number is ZA119460 and can be viewed online at www.ico.org.uk. You can also useful access guidance and information about your data protection rights on this website.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would first consider raising with us any issue or complaint you have about how we handle your personal information. Your trust is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to promptly resolve any problems you may have in this regard.